Making the jab compulsory

Let's find this Elf & Safety law which says that an employer can force workers to be injected with anything or they get sacked.
A company contract can insist that you are Covid free, via the jab if you like. It's up to the individual whether they oblige or choose dismissal.

Sponsored Links
The district nurse who calls on my mother on a daily basis is not having the jab. She's a Bame so I suppose it’s a good job they’re immune from Covid. :rolleyes: At least my mum has had her jab and is likely to have some protection against it.

Sponsored Links
The district nurse who calls on my mother on a daily basis is not having the jab. She's a Bame so I suppose it’s a good job they’re immune from Covid. :rolleyes: At least my mum has had her jab and is likely to have some protection against it.

I've said it before, but wonder who their family will blame if she dies from covid.....

Like the ones I see walking along in the middle of nowhere with their masks on. Or the ones driving alone in a car wearing one. Are you saying that blind, unthinking obedience makes you smart? Something about guidance of wise men and obeyance of fools comes to mind.
I wear mine when I go out of the door, and I keep it on until I return home. I also wear it when meeting friends outdoors.
If people come too close to me I remind them politely about social distancing. I've only been required to do that on two occasions in the last twelve months, once last year, very early on during the pandemic to a neighbour who normally stands too close, and the second time very recently in the supermarket, despite the markings on the floor a young couple were coming within half a metre. At one point I initially placed the trolley between us but while unloading it onto the belt, they came too close and so I reminded them. I was, I think understandably stern, considering the pandemic has been with us for twelve months and there are markings on the floor to indicate safe distances. I thought afterwards, where have these people been for the last twelve months?

I can't see any public health jabs being made compulsory by the Govt.

They have not up to now, COVID won't change that.

One major concern of mine, and especially concerning the SA variant, is that if the vaccine(s) does not stop anyone being infected, nor stops transmission, it will theoretically provide opportunities for the virus to develop further variants above and beyond the worst of the variants that are currently existing.

One major concern of mine, and especially concerning the SA variant, is that if the vaccine(s) does not stop anyone being infected, nor stops transmission, it will theoretically provide opportunities for the virus to develop further variants above and beyond the worst of the variants that are currently existing.
Don't you worry about that.
The pharmaceutical industry is already preparing jabs for any variant for the next 100 years.
And taxpayers foot the bill.
In the mean time the Chinese are raking in big time and their economy is booming by flooding our market with more and more junk lasting less than 24 hours from new.
We can't win against these bandits.

In the mean time the Chinese are raking in big time and their economy is booming by flooding our market with more and more junk lasting less than 24 hours from new.
Blimey, my last Chinese meal lasted less than an hour! :rolleyes:

But the jab doesn't stop you getting it or passing it on. Why does everyone always miss these points?

No jab stops people from catching what ever it is for. Why people can't get their head around that defeats me. They must think the improvement in the immune system causes it to leap out of the body and attack the particular virus before it can infect them.

A vaccine readies the immune system. From what we are being told to do it probably takes ~7 days for the immune system to get moderately active. No idea how long an asymptotic is capable of infecting others but lets say another 7 days but it's longer than that. The vaccine reduces the first 7 days as the immune system is ready, That in turn helps people who are going to have problems when they catch as the immune system will start gobbling virus up sooner. Both types of people could be clear of the virus in 7 days rather than 14. That reduces their opportunities to pass it on. That over a period of time can cause a virus to disappear - more or less. Sometimes other steps are needed. This one for instance

Polio is spread when the stool of an infected person is introduced into the mouth of another person through contaminated water or food (fecal-oral transmission). Oral-oral transmission by way of an infected person's saliva may account for some cases.

That meant that kids could catch it from playing in water. You'd think sewage only but not as simple as that. The sewage can finish up in all sorts of places.

Covid is new. That causes problems as there are don't knows. For instance generally when people have "recovered" the virus is still around in them. Generally true of virus infections and tricky to find out what it means. Some countries reported re infection of people who have already caught it. It was put down to crap testing here. Now they find that different mutations can definitely do that. They are looking at how long pre infection immunity lasts. Sounds like 6month may be a good guess at the shortest.
https://www.manchester.ac.uk/discover/news/covid-19-immunity-how-long-does-it-last/
T cells are what kicks the immunity response off. A vaccine trains them to recognise an infection. The covid vaccines are new. The only really reliable way of finding out how effective they are is to use them once they are know to stimulate T cells in the right way and are safe. T cells have evolved to do what they do hence little worry about long term effects. They are doing what they will do anyway if some one gets infected. The gov wants the best outcome. That means everybody having the jab. One best outcome was the quiet period after the first lock down yet it still resulted in 20,000 deaths. They just took longer. Many more will have gone into hospital. ~10% will have long covid. They haven't a cat in hells chance of vaccinating everyone quickly so they have decided to vaccinate people who are at most risk of needing treatment and most likely to suffer badly. They say 25% of the population but just a nice number to say it's 15m of 68m. That will have another outcome. Treatment needed when people are infected and also some reduction in spread - hopefully but they have done the best they can. The steps they have taken will result in some outcome but what? They are also currently worrying about next Autumn and repeat doses of vaccine maybe of a different or the same type.

Anyone that doesn't comply is just helping muck the country up even more.

Antivaxers - simple it mostly started due to MMR and increases in certain types of problems in kids. It's been rubbished and is far more likely to be down to what they eat, even what gets in it one way or the other. I have direct experience of that with my son. Certain things made him a bit hyper. He still mostly avoids them. ;) I'm lucky as young as he was he realised himself when I pointed out what was happening. The hyper part wasn't that bad but may have got a lot worse. Diagnosis has also improved and things that went on anyway now have a name put on them,

Sponsored Links
Back