More on Roma folk

Take cover !! cages have been rattled. !!
What can you say ?? Like a tired old engine or business, surely UK inc. needs a full and complete overhaul ?
The same old nonsense has been tiredly played out by successive govns since I can remember .... Time for sensible major changes surely ?
P

Sponsored Links
yeah kinda...

It does need an overhaul, but nobody has the guts to carry it out. Plus people in britain seem averse to change.

If you like and want the foreigners here, give a proper debate about the benefits to the UK population, who's opinion are being ignored.

As I said the board is open to you do-gooders to convince me why I am wrong. I see no advantage whatsoever in allowing more scrounging foreigners here. I am deliberately being forthright to encourage a debate.

ZenStalinist said:
........ Plus people in britain seem averse to change.
That is human nature, perhaps we are Just fed up with flogging a dead horse may be more like it .... Maybe we need 'Non of the above' as a voting option. Forcing a much hated coalition for a while, perhaps not 4 yrs .. may be the chance to clear out some dead wood.
P

Sponsored Links
What creates the negative sentiment towards asylum seekers in the UK is the fact that the EU doesn't take a collective stance on this issue. why does the average Eastern European travel through 3 or 4 safe countries to get to the UK. If I was a genuine asylum seeker in fear of his life I would go to the nearest border and claim asylum there. the problem is that if any government wants to deal with this political hot potato, the PC brigade immediatley call them racist and as a consequence the far right groups will capitalise on this, as demonstrated in recent local elections. We take three times as many asylum seekers as France yet we are less than half the size.

What creates the negative sentiment towards asylum seekers in the UK is the fact that the EU doesn't take a collective stance on this issue.
There is actually an EU stipulation that Assylum seekers should apply for assylum in the first safe country that they arrive in. The frogs blatantly flout this rule by encouraging thier refugees to continue on to blighty.

The problem comes in enforcement. Once you have a refugee that has obviously contravened this mandate (as they have come across the channel from france), there is no mechanism to return the refugee to the country, where he should have made his application.

I think this is one of those issues where people will stick to their guns.

Those of us against a torrent of asylum seekers (I don't think anyone has said "no asylum seekers whatsoever") aren't suddenly going to say "You know what, s*d it. Let's take them all in."

By the same point, those who want to take in every single person who has been looked at a bit funny once by someone in their own country aren't suddenly going to say "Yes, actually I'm wrong, we are doing FAR more than we should, let's restrict our intake."

But that's cool, we all live in a democracy, we can have our own opinions, that's our right. But it is important that we are not afraid of our own opinions. One would hope that politicians use public sentiment as one source of inspiration, so if they realise that people feel a particular way they will do something about it.

I know what my opinion on the matter is, it is a perfectly valid opinion.

I'm just going to chill, man. :cool:

Almost a lateral thought .. we should march on the capital, demand that every single person who desires to come here, even braving our climate, should be allowed in .. help flood the place such that the Govn has to take action ... I reckon successive Govns have been laissez faire in their reactions to most situations ... letting things drift, hoping problems will go away of their own accord ... force 'em into action ... See how the hunting lobby etc will get a compromise ... Anyone who stands up to them appears to get a result ... Fuel protesters etc .... Strong sensible Govn is not usually so easily turned !!
P

On the subject of PC, how come blackboard is racist and whiteboard isn't, surely they are the same thing?

david and julie said:
On the subject of PC, how come blackboard is racist and whiteboard isn't, surely they are the same thing?

Chalkboard and Markerboard/penboard. Anyway, that won't be for much longer. My brother is in teacher training and uses a computer projector far more than he uses a board!

You get screens now that can be used as whiteboards too, as you have a special pen that is sensed by the screen, sends it to the computer and the computer draws it. I've used them a few times and they are very cool.

Anywhere that doesn't let you say blackboard won't let you say whiteboard, surely?

D&J to use your own terminology .... which word rhymes with White ??
Which aptly describes our Govn's outlook on us lot !!
P

david and julie said:

Maybe there's something in this that in our "namby-pamby PC careful state" our troops are not being taught to "wait until you see the whites of their eyes" therefore leading to confusion and giving the enemy the advantage -

I do not agree with people from other countries coming here and being given advantages that our own kith and kin are waiting in line for -
however, I have a long list of people I would like to see on a boat out of here before them if the option was available!

I think its a shame the way that people coming here from other countries go into gettos rather than mix with us anglo saxons i guess it cos we aren't very nice to them, in Australia they tend to mix more which makes for a much richer culture, funny really when you consider that apart from the celtic folk from the edges of the UK most of us anglo saxons are emigrants ourselves from Russia and if you go back far enough it would seem that we came out of Africa which is great isn't it, I reckon that the reason that we are such a great nation is due to the fact that we come from such a wide diverse mixture of counties, also we don't seen to be as narrow minded and bigoted as some other places which is nice makes me feel proud. cheers mates hope you all have a really nice christmas and if you recently immigrated here from abroad "welcome"

I think its a shame the way that people coming here from other countries go into gettos rather than mix with us anglo saxons
I'm not so sure that's the case. In and around East London, we have a very rich diversity of cultures. In my street alone, we have Pakistanis, Chinese, Turks, Irish, Albanian, Greeks, and us natives (still just about making up the majority). Widening the catchment area to a few more streets, we also have, West Indian, Indian, Scotish, Welsh, Arabs and Jews. This is just the ones I can think of, off hand, that I know personally. We have our own share of problems, in the area, but very few of them are racially related. Embarassingly, I have to admit, that the majority of crimes in the area seem to be perpetuated by the British majority. Mainly wanton vandalism, and TWOCing.

My step son lives in Gloucester. His neighbourhood is almost exclusively Moslem. The exceptions being just himself and his Irish next door neighbours. This is one of the most peaceful areas you could wish for. He has lived there for the best part of 15 years. Never had any trouble. He feels safe leaving his car unlocked, walking the street at night etc.. It's one of the poorer parts of town but hardly any vandalism. Whenever I stay over with him, I can't help but feel the sense of community about the place. (Something that seems to be dissappearing in my own neck of the woods). If this is your typical Ghetto, I say, lets have more of them.

Within a couple of miles of this haven, there are some pretty rough council estates. A lot of Brits there, and a lot of trouble. I don't know what to make of this, other than Ghettos seem to work :confused:

Shame on you Tex! richardp and others must pick up on this if they are not biased.

Within a couple of miles of this haven, there are some pretty rough council estates. A lot of Brits there, and a lot of trouble. I don't know what to make of this, other than Ghettos seem to work

You are clearly associating brits and council estates with trouble. If I substituted Brit for African, Asian or WHY, you would say my comments were racially motivated and you would rightly castigate me for it.

Can you explain the difference between a racial comment about a Brit and one about another race?

Sponsored Links
Back