More on Roma folk

Sponsored Links
I know what you mean, I met John Redwood once and although I have no time for his ideals I thought that he must be intelligent and charismatic to have got were he is, well! have some personalty at least,.... WRONG!! god what a dull boring man but it hasn't put me off star trek.

Sponsored Links
ZenStalinist said:
Heard of the blackboard one, though that one is quite old, hasn't been taken notice of for a while
My mate is a Clinical Psycologist, and was giving a lecture in about March of this year. He was dragged over the coals about a week after the lecture. One of the student nurses made an official complaint about his constant use of the word "blackboard". IMHO she should have been told to P*ss off and get a life, but in the NHS, Political Over Correctness still runs rife.

Well at least like ofcom ultra-PCness is complaint driven then.

There's a difference between anti racism, normal political corectness, and ultra political correctness, which is actually being paranoid.

ZenStalinist said:
And what's so discriminated about Anglo Saxons. I have a large amount of Anglo Saxon blood, but I've never been discriminated against, nor have I found that anybody is stealing from me or such nonsense.

Well, I was ranting about class discrimination. I have found that in the current scheme of things, I have been discriminated against due to my class. Not my colour, not my religion, nothing else. Just class. By this of course I mean the fact that all of a sudden free university education was withdrawn, means-tested thresholds are just so that I got financially r*ped in my quest for enlightenment, yet according to the stats I will pay more in tax over my lifetime than I would if I had left school at 16/18. Why did my parents' salary affect my rights and my dues? I am heavily in debt. Friends with poorer parents are earning just as much as me, but they have no debts to repay. Because they got grants (my year was the last of grants), they got off without fees. But they earn as much as me now. Not fair.

However, I have been the victim of racism. I used to work for an Indian couple, the woman said, with mallice, that I was "as stupid as all the other English boys". She was rather stupid, but aren't all racist pigs that way? Her husband gave her a right bo**ocking when he found out, but I doubt that turned her egalitarian overnight. I never found out, I quit.

I don't attend the stockholders' meeting at some city bank and get a vote on how they should run their company, why should someone who isn't a stockholder in the UK get a vote on how UK PLC is run?

Minority then indeed! By definition then, you'd have to have land, and the amount of land you owned would affect how many votes you got. Do I see someone with the yearning for the days of rotten boroughs?
If I were to take your analogy the vast majority of Britain would not be able to vote, since the proles (who make for an important majority) aren't really stockholders now, are they?

Investment my dear chap. Investment. You are thinking too spatially and not considering the other dimensions to the country. The stockholder metaphor is flawed as of course shareholders do not continually invest, however it is true that someone who pays nothing to a system deserves no say in it's running. I am not saying that someone with a larger salary deserves a greater say, if you read my post you will understand. What I say is if someone invests nothing in this country, and contributes nothing (hence wilfully unemployed) then they should have no rights to it's running. I am not saying they should have no rights, I merely don't think they should decide who runs our country. Note my use of the word "wilfully". Obviously pensioners and those unable to work due to disability or other genuine reasons have a right to vote.

Hmm... A friend of mine is a teacher, never heard of most of this. Correct grammar and appropriate usage is taught in school.

Perhaps it is down to the area. Hounslow, for example, is one of those areas that has become so stupid about political correctness that they forget to give the kids an education. It isn't the teachers' fault, they don't come up with the policies. However, I have heard the very same things said by a primary teacher in Stockton also, this very Saturday in fact, because I actually brought it up. She said that she is not allowed to correct the word "tret", meaning "treated" because it would be seen as oppressing the local dialect. Even though it isn't a word. :rolleyes:

Richardp said:
Did you just make that up?

No, all true. And why would anyone make something like that up?

I await your response with intrigue...

Richardp said:
Did you just make that up?

One of my wifes close friends is a primary school teacher. She has been told that she should, under no circumstances, correct pronunciation or grammar. Although she can teach it formally, she is not to correct these faults unless it is in the context of a lesson on such issues. Doing so could be construed as racial discrimination.

We live on the borders of Essex/East London and there is a large contingent of ethnic minorities, (actually, around here they are quite often the majority). Some of these have their own problems with English pronunciations and syntax. Furthermore, since most mispronunciations are due to regional accents, correcting any of them could be construed discriminatory against that part of society.

I'm just an average, non do gooder, working class bloke who loves his country, who also can't see one single advantage in an endless stream of foreigners entering and scrounging from it.

I also fancy a debate on this issue.

I have listened to the biggest load of PC s**t I have ever heard on this subject and welcome your comments on my opinion. That includes the ones with comments like this.

I have a black teacher in college who referred to one as a blackboard.

The board is open to you do-gooders to come out with even more PC sh**e to convince me I am wrong.!

david and julie said:
The board is open to you do-gooders to come out with even more PC sh**e to convince me I am wrong.!

Oi, that's computerist and police constablist, that is ;)

What? I didn't mean it in a pc way but in an anti paranoid overthetoppc way. More stating a fact also that this rule is widely disregarded that is all.

I too am an ordinary working class person who favours commonsense restriction on immigration. I also would prefer to make English the official language so that can be a critereon for migrants.

'm just an average, non do gooder, working class bloke who loves his country, who also can't see one single advantage in an endless stream of foreigners entering and scrounging from it.

Most don't scrounge. And I doubt some risk death to scrounge. I think its overplayed by the tabloids. If you want to moan about people scrounging moan about that millionaire who gets even more money from the CAP, or those big businesses who offshore everything, yet still enjoy the good economics of this country.
All in all I think the current system needs to be replaced, and people also need to stop confusing asylum and immigration. I think a possible problem here is the combining of the two under one act, they need to be dealt with separately.

Is that your justification for all the s**t were getting?

Sponsored Links
Back