More questions than answers......

Sponsored Links
It's a bit of a 'mare for sure, I think it was on the news that Germany has seen a significant uptick after its partial lockdown relaxation and were considering locking down again. I suppose at some point, we'll have to open up, or the economy will totally tank, doesn't bear thinking about really.

What a choice ; hundreds of thousands dead, either through a virus, or through cancer, heart disease, stroke, depression , suicide......

Still, it's the weekend now, so chin up:mrgreen:

What a choice ; hundreds of thousands dead, either through a virus, or through cancer, heart disease, stroke, depression , suicide......

Still, it's the weekend now, so chin up:mrgreen:

Yep, bit of a grim choice. I'll try not to think about it too much... what's the worst that could happen.... oh yeah, a grisly lonely death.... right thinking over.

Sponsored Links
I've just had a glimpse of the Icelandic virus tracking app.
It's a simple thing and voluntary but widely used. And combined with other measures it has provided some interesting data.
It records your route/locations in real time and stores the data. If you test positive, then all other phones (with the app) that have come within close contact with you are automatically sent a text offering a test.
But since they are also randomly testing, they have found that a large majority of 'positives' are already in hospital or in self isolation. And the fine to refuse to do so when tested positive can be up to £3k.
From Feb to April this year less people died than during the same period last year, and analysis of the data reveals that almost all of the deaths (of positives) were unavoidable anyway. But the figure is down because of no road deaths!

With that in mind, all schools will now reopen next week although primary schools were never fully closed. And tests on kids revealed that they couldn't find a single case where a kid passed on the virus.
And shopping centres are already open with minimal social distancing.
It will be interesting to see how this will pan out.

Well the article states AstraZenca have agree to produce 100 million doses at cost, not sure what happens after that. UK and presumably Sweden to be offered it first, assuming of course it's effective.

Well the article states AstraZenca have agree to produce 100 million doses at cost, not sure what happens after that. UK and presumably Sweden to be offered it first, assuming of course it's effective.
"And it has promised to put the UK at the front of the queue for early access to millions of jabs"

How many millions of jabs is the question!
And of course the first batches will go to health/key workers but that won't dampen the virus in the general population.
There should be 'war footing' worldwide effort to build production facilities in as many countries as possible for whichever vaccine ends up working.
And it would cost peanuts compared with what the economic destruction will end up costing!

"And it has promised to put the UK at the front of the queue for early access to millions of jabs"

How many millions of jabs is the question!
And of course the first batches will go to health/key workers but that won't dampen the virus in the general population.
There should be 'war footing' worldwide effort to build production facilities in as many countries as possible for whichever vaccine ends up working.
And it would cost peanuts compared with what the economic destruction will end up costing!
Around 70 vaccines under development I believe

Well, if the article is to be believed, AZ have agreed to produce 100 million doses by the end of the year, with the UK "being at the front of the queue" but I agree, assuming the vaccine is effective then I presume other countries will be allowed to manufacture it, in whichever way they choose. The Oxford university team I believe are working on a not for profit basis.

Sponsored Links
Back