Police Brutality

• Thread starter Johnmelad502
  • Start date
So you think that a man (Silcott) that played a part in the murder of three men should been seen as a victim of the Police:rolleyes: I think he should consider himself a lucky man not to be rotting in a prison cell.

The conviction of Stefan Kisco shames not just the Police but our entire Justice system. It is without doubt one of the very worst cases of injustice in recent times.

We do need to remember there are far more people acquitted of crimes they did commit, than those convicted of crimes they didn't. An acquittal doesn't always prove innocence, you could of course argue conviction doesn't always prove guilt but in most cases, it does.

There are I'm certain other victims of our justice system (I should not like to be one of them). It's not perfect but it is the system we have and given the number of Policing/court hours, we have relatively few innocents behind bars. Could it be improved? perhaps, but how?.

Sponsored Links
By removing those corrupt and thuggish police officers at every level.
Pretty much what I was going to say. By doing so, the police would work far more efficiently and with the complete good will from all members of the law abiding sections of the public.

Remember, when you flippantly give away other people human rights and civil liberties, your giving your own away as well, and you might need them one day. Its taken a thousand years to get them in the first place.
This reminds me of this poem for some reason by Niemöller

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out - because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the communists
and I did not speak out - because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out - because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me -
and by then there was no one left to speak out for me.

Spot on, that is exactly the point. Yesterday the kicked **** out some girl at the G20. Tomorrow they might kick **** out of you.

Sponsored Links
By removing those corrupt and thuggish police officers at every level.
Pretty much what I was going to say. By doing so, the police would work far more efficiently and with the complete good will from all members of the law abiding sections of the public.

Exactly. The point here is the Police police by consent. Without the consent of the public, the place will descend into riots, anarchy and civil disobedience.

That is why the police are shooting themselves in the foot every time they beat up a girl at a political demo, every time the stop and search innocent people randomly, every time they stitch up an innocent motorist, or do a driver for being 2 mph over the limit on a deserted stretch of road, every time the kill an innocent person. They use another small measure of there ever dwindling reservoir of public goodwill

And the problem of removing corrupt officers is massive, due to the tendency of the Police to close ranks and cover up. Look at the scandal in the 80's with the West Midlands Regional Crime Squad, there was massive fraud and corruption on a grand scale, hundred if not thousands of people were stitched up with fabricated evidence, forced and illegal confessions, and at the same time, officers from the top down were taking backhanders and bungs. That took 20 years to eliminate, just that one small part of one force.

every time the stop and search innocent people randomly,
Ok, so if they can only search or arrest people they already know to be criminals...how are they going to find the criminals?

I'll put my final word on this subject and leave it from now on. If the police ask you to move, you move. If not they have legal authority to make you. What force is needed is theirs to decide however if they go overboard they ARE dealt with.

I think when you start getting long lasting injuries, it is too far.
Not one of the people who came forward with stories of how they had verbally or physically assaulted or disrupted the police and got a whack for it were seriously injured, most went back for more. Don't **** the police! Simples.

Tomlinson's injuries are quite long lasting. :rolleyes:

Remember, when you flippantly give away other people human rights and civil liberties, your giving your own away as well, and you might need them one day. Its taken a thousand years to get them in the first place.
This reminds me of this poem for some reason by Niemöller

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out - because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the communists
and I did not speak out - because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out - because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me -
and by then there was no one left to speak out for me.

...what a diluting of a brilliant poem..
Maybe we should break this out when someone is not allowed to smoke in a taxi too..
"But its me human rights init!"
or being able inject heroin in a public place
"First they come for the druggies...then they came for the shoplifters...what a discrimination geezer!!"

Using this poem to sympathise with people deliberately disrupting and being hostile to a police peace keeping force is disgusting given it's origins...
...I thought better of you Dex.

Tomlinson's injuries are quite long lasting. :rolleyes:

...if you sneezed loudly and someone next to you had a fright and died of a heart attack, should you be done for murder?? Or should we just say..."hmmm he was a bit f***ed up to have that kill him...maybe he was already ill...!"

I cant remember the night last week I had to go to my office at 2am. I drive onto the industrial estate and notice a car coming up fast in my rear view mirror pull into my parking space followed by the Police wanted to know what I was up to at that time of the morning.
I gave them the answer and no 5hit, seemed to me they were doing the job I pay my taxes for, just as they do when controlling a rabid mob etc.

Using this poem to sympathise with people deliberately disrupting and being hostile to a police peace keeping force is disgusting given it's origins...
...I thought better of you Dex.
And I thought you could read :rolleyes:
I have, am and will be referring solely towards poor examples of policing. To perpetuate this concept of "the police are doing their job, so they can do what the f**k they want while doing this without any checks and balances" is naive and dangerous.

The poem was not used in the context you have mischievously applied it to, and I have little doubt that you are well aware of that. Your motives are thus called into question.

I cant remember the night last week I had to go to my office at 2am. I drive onto the industrial estate and notice a car coming up fast in my rear view mirror pull into my parking space followed by the Police wanted to know what I was up to at that time of the morning.
I gave them the answer and no 5hit, seemed to me they were doing the job I pay my taxes for, just as they do when controlling a rabid mob etc.
And suppose, just for the sake of argument, they decided to manhandle you out of your car and hit you when you protested because they didn't believe you. Would you think this was acceptable and indicative of them "just doing their job"?

And suppose, just for the sake of argument, they decided to manhandle you out of your car and hit you when you protested because they didn't believe you. Would you think this was acceptable and indicative of them "just doing their job"?
I bet they wish that they were able to manhandle Harry Roberts before he shot two unarmed coppers to death.

I bet they wish that they were able to manhandle Harry Roberts before he shot two unarmed coppers to death.
So, by implication, regardless of whether you have anything to hide or any previous history, you want the police to be able to do what the f**k they want to anyone whenever they felt like it, without having to answer to anyone nor explain/justify their actions?

dex in my soon to be 52 years I have had a few occasions where I've been stopped by Police. On one occasion I was prevented from walking along a public highway because Princess Anne was at the opening of a public building and they didn't want any riff raff present. Once the Police Officer told me why I couldn't pass and although I said I didn't think it right the road was closed I didn't get abusive or threatening, I took a different route.

If you want to square up to a Police Officer either on your own or when backed up by a mob perhaps you get what you ask for.

Sponsored Links
Back