Started My Diet...

You have maintained your weight loss from the previous week and lost an additional pound, that's good going.
You'll find that some weeks you will have big loses, then other weeks, even if you have been really disciplined and done plenty of exercise the lose is not so great.
It will happen, don't let it get you down.
Keep up the good work, your well on your way to losing your first stone.
Remember the water and the mid meal snacks, such as apples, oranges and pears. This will help your metabolism kick in.

Sponsored Links
I've been on Ibuprofen since monday for my bad tooth again ( going to get the bloody thing pulled next time it plays up.. ), and someone on another forum said that might have something to do with it..
after a bit of googling, one possible side effect of ibuprofen is rapid weight gain.. so it might have been messing with my diet...

I've been on Ibuprofen since monday for my bad tooth again ( going to get the bloody thing pulled next time it plays up.. ), and someone on another forum said that might have something to do with it..
after a bit of googling, one possible side effect of ibuprofen is rapid weight gain.. so it might have been messing with my diet...

Absolute Tosh. Ive never encounted any 'munchies' after taking pain killers. What exercise are you doing now? Over 9lbs in 2 weeks and your already making excuses :rolleyes: You didnt put on over 9lbs in 2 weeks, it probably took a couple of months.... and your moaning. You will lose it as fast as you put in on. End of. You stuck to eating crap for years, so now eat healthy for as long, and the body will adapt and the weight will drop. Its a marathon of weight to lose and it will take a hell of long time to shift it all. Maybe as long as it took to put it all on.

Be patient for gods sake.

P46.

:( co codamol will give you constipation if you take it a lot....suppose that could cause weight gain...coz you'd be full of....well ...s***.

Sponsored Links
I have been fighting my weight increase for the best part of 40 years. In 1970, while on holiday at Butlins Bognor Regis my daughter remarked on the size of my stomach and at that time I wore 38" waist trousres Yes, it was big, and when I stepped on the scales for the first time in years, I weighed in at almost 14 stones. Today, with a 32" waist, I weigh in at around 10 stones 12 pounds and I feel great. I put it down to willpower. Earlier this evening, when crisps, blackberry pie and cheesecake were on offer for supper, I said no and had an oatcake. It was so fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P46, how can it be tosh if it's listed as one of the possible side effects..
medication messes with body chemistry which is what metabolism is.. ( or at least part of the overall chemistry ).

as for 9.5lbs in 2 weeks, yes it's great overall, but if you were given £850 in your pay packet one week and only £100 the next, you'd be a little dissapointed with the second weeks money despite the fact that you've still had £950 in a fortnight..

I know it went on fairly slowly and that it will take a long time to loose loads, but that still doesn't mean that I can't hope and wish for it to come off a bit faster than 1lb a week, I'm sure that it went on faster than that..

the slower you lose it col the slower you put it back on my ex missus must have tried every fad diet under the sun

went up and down like a freakin yo yo

stick it out chap it will be worth it in the long run ;)

as for 9.5lbs in 2 weeks, yes it's great overall, but if you were given £850 in your pay packet one week and only £100 the next, you'd be a little dissapointed with the second weeks money despite the fact that you've still had £950 in a fortnight..
Don't put yourself down! best way to see it, you're losing an average of 4.5lbs per week, that's why I don't agree with weekly weighing

another week, another 8.5lbs lost.. that's 18 in 3 weeks..
I got "slimmer of the week" too...

I'm amazed at the "diet" I'm on..
I'm eating a full sunday roast every night with lots of veg and taters and gravy, and still the pounds are dropping off me..

I'm a self confessed fat b'stard, but I don't have any problems organising my time at work. :?:

:D Good work ColJack. It might take a while but it will be worth it.

I'm lucky in that I have always been about 75 Kg. (12 stone). I got back recently from 2 weeks in Greece eating out all the time and thought I must have put weight on I but had lost 2 Kg.

I do believe metabolism plays a part. Some people like me don't have to worry about their weight, other people do. Having said that my health issue is psoriasis which might explain why I don't put weight on because it (literally) drops off. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back