What do people think ...

Sponsored Links
Are you a muslim? You seem to want islamic justice straight from Saudi?

I bet you are a Saudi agent. :ROFLMAO:

Deterrent like loyalty, hounour is an old fashioned word pretty much out of vogue in the current libralese pc world where idealism as taken over from common sense ( common sense no longer applies as it used to as current commonsense is a little off the mark and idealised, not what it used to mean !).
I read this book years ago
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hangmans-Tale-Memoirs-Public-Executioner/dp/0330316338

It probably brought me to me current views ....One thing I learnt from it was the hanging process once started was very fast and humane .......timed in seconds from when the executioners entered the cell 35 / 40 seconds and they were dead.

What stuck out in my mind was his description of the prison environment on the eve of an execution .......silence and quiet ......when the trapdoor ( it wasn't a trapdoor as such it was the execution floor of the room which fell away ) when it hit the stops this bang reverberated around the prison .........and the executioner believed without question it sent out a message .........you can go so far but .........

The authors conclusion was this and he backed it up with figures .....One or two innocent people were hanged but the number of murderers that were released and murdered again was a far far bigger figure. His conclusion was which figure should we be concerned about.

It's worth mentioning the the anti capital punishment lobby used to hold up James Hanratty as an innocent victim of capital punishment .......His family in an attempt to clear his name allowed dna to be taken from ( I think it was his mother ) who had dementia. It didn't have the result they expected it proved his guilt ( dna from the girls rapist on her underwear which was still held, proved the case ).

I also remember reading a journalists account of his viewing an execution his view was by the way anticapital pushiment ....a chap was been executed in America for abduction rape and torture of two children. After the execution the two sets of sobbing parents were hugging each other ...... It was a quite affair apparently very toned down ....despite his anticapital punishment views he just felt that justice had been done.

There was a time when a murder was big news.......now its an everyday occurrence ........

One or two innocent people were hanged
Oh dear, what a pity.

but the number of murderers that were released and murdered again was a far far bigger figure.
Don't let them out, then.
Then if it is proved they didn't do it, they can be let out; not dug up.

His conclusion was which figure should we be concerned about.
That's not a conclusion.
It's a stupid question.

Oh dear, what a pity.

Don't let them out, then.
Then if it is proved they didn't do it, they can be let out; not dug up.

That's not a conclusion.
It's a stupid question.

It was more of a statment ....I can't recall exactly as it was decades ago I read it I think he said which is the biggest number ? The conclusion was obvious.....
You been drinking ? The rambling disjointed points seem to suggest so .

Sponsored Links
The conclusion was obvious.....
The answer is ovious.
which figure should we be concerned about.
Both - prevent both, of course.

You been drinking ?
Only tea.

The rambling disjointed points seem to suggest so .
My post was neither rambling; far, far shorter than yours; nor disjointed, perfectly coherent; therefore it cannot possibly suggest what you inferred.

There must be another reason for your mistake.

Would we want to be like America?

Death row

Plea bargaining

Guantanamo bay

No thanks :mrgreen:

The answer is ovious.

Both - prevent both, of course.

Only tea.

My post was neither rambling; far, far shorter than yours; nor disjointed, perfectly coherent; therefore it cannot possibly suggest what you inferred.

There must be another reason for your mistake.

You made a rather silly vacuous post on a serious subject, so much so I thought you were under the influence. More the pity you weren't otherwise you'd have had a excuse. Now you have non, perhaps with your neighbour dispute a mirror would have helped you see the real problem.

Which parts do you consider vacuous?

Is it possible for you to discuss things without being obnoxious?

I've not read your riposte yet .....just alerted to you post so Before I read it, I'll let you know I'm hoping to enjoy some decent repartee but rest assured I won't be holding my breath, as you do not seem to posess the actual skills.

A bit like making you making light of the golden section .....like you dismissed it as having juvenile appeal, when in fact it's application has facinated mathematician's, artisans, artists and architects for generations. You seemed to have a most philistine regard to the subject.

I've not read your riposte yet .....just alerted to you post so Before I read it, I'll let you know I'm hoping to enjoy some decent repartee but rest assured I won't be holding my breath, as you do not seem to posess the actual skills.

A bit like making you making light of the golden section .....like you dismissed it as having juvenile appeal, when in fact it's application has facinated mathematician's, artisans, artists and architects for generations. You seemed to have a most philistine regard to the subject.

WTF does that mean?

WTF does that mean?

Me been obnoxious and you using expletives .....now now dear chap........

Your memory appears to be a little suspect......... unless it's mine ! It was a while ago I'll check ....I was sure it was you impudent elf ........If my memory serves me well you certainly could be described as posting something rather vacuous.......If when I check I'm wrong then I'll apologise ....If I'm right then unfortunately my dear chap you are indeed a philistine.

Ps Impudent you seem a little rattled .......

Sponsored Links
Back