Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodd said:
I never said ID cards.

Photo taken when voting this would go into a national database with face recognition. If you try to vote again under another name this would then recognise you as a fraud

Sorry, to cross thread. Bodd but I have been prevented from posting in the other thread. (I do not know why. I only inquired about the fate of ellal because he had not been seen since Friday morning!)

Anyway, the Electoral Commission recommended to the government, an IT system to prevent voter fraud and double voting. So why the government chose photographic ID cards is anyone's guess. Well, it is obvious really.
The Commission called on ministers to invest in a new IT system that would prevent duplicate voting.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...oral-commission-home-university-a7846516.html

Sponsored Links
Lots of inside info from guys who work for manufacturers. Technical stuff that the manu's like to keep secret.

Obviously a real knowitall never uses reference material.
Lots of inside info from guys who work for manufacturers. Technical stuff that the manu's like to keep secret.

Obviously a real knowitall never uses reference material.
Why would a qualified and competent plumber or other trade need to use a DIY forum for obtaining advice on how to do their job.

The Cc is not a Diy forum although hosted by a diy site. The point of the cc is to get a heads up when needed, there so many boilers out there so many models, one person couldn't be familiar with them all and know all their idosyncrasies.

So if one comes across a strange fault that is difficult to diagnose.......a post in the forum can result in .......oh I had that it was this.......or check this !
Without exaggerating there must be hundreds of years experiance in the Cc that is willingly offered, one would be foolish to turn that down.

And this is for the benefit of who ? Our customers ....members of the public.

I had a question recently regarding thermostatic radiator valves ......what did people reckon as to the most reliable ? In a house It wouldn't bother me, but I had 80 or so to fit in the same place .....now I needed a heads up......as I wanted to ensure a good service life......
I have to admit this there is a camaraderie amongst gas fitters that I cannot explain that I've never observed eslewhere, in any other trade.

I'll give you an example of something I posted about copper cylinders stood on concrete floors in the cc, not strictly gas .......

Don't stand cylinders of any kind on a concrete floor ! Put a ply base down !!

A chemical reaction had rotted the steel, so then the copper was stood directly on the concrete and the same would happen to the copper !

That's why you never fit gas carrying pipes in contact with any kind of masonry ....stand off clips and sleeving only.

Last edited:
That's why you never fit gas carrying pipes in contact with any kind of masonry ....stand off clips and sleeving only.

This sort of advice / information would be useful in the public domain. Not with the intention of assisting DIY work but advising people what to look out for when having work done in their house.

I accept this implies that some tradesmen make mistakes. Regratably that is a fact of life.

I also realise pitting this type of information into the public areas of the forum could assist DIYers doing gas work. If a DIYer is determined to do gas work in their own home then no one can stop it happening. Withholding information will not prevent them. Pointing out errors they could make could reduce the risk of them creating a dangerous situation. It might encourage them to change their mind about attempting DIY gaswork.

This sort of advice / information would be useful in the public domain. Not with the intention of assisting DIY work but advising people what to look out for when having work done in their house.

I accept this implies that some tradesmen make mistakes. Regratably that is a fact of life.

I also realise pitting this type of information into the public areas of the forum could assist DIYers doing gas work. If a DIYer is determined to do gas work in their own home then no one can stop it happening. Withholding information will not prevent them. Pointing out errors they could make could reduce the risk of them creating a dangerous situation. It might encourage them to change their mind about attempting DIY gaswork.

It's not very often that I've come across homeowners attempting gas work, rogue traders unregistered for gas work yes, and clueless yes.
Most members of the public are aware of the dangers of gas work, however making information freely available on a forum could encourage enthusiastic diyers to have a go. The technical books on are freely available.

The cylinder post was posted years ago when I only went in the cc, maybe I should post it in the plumbing forum.

It's not an old boys club, but I think restricting the access is the right thing to do, there's not much in there that relates to work of an unregistered nature.

Sponsored Links
It's not an old boys club, but I think restricting the access is the right thing to do, there's not much in there that relates to work of an unregistered nature.
Never forget that plumbers need somewhere to go and gossip about other members, plan their escapades, and let off abusive and offensive comments where there are no "prissy snowflakes" to be offended.

A**e end and gasbag have told us that there is gossip, and planning of 'what they will do to other posters'.
Now mitch and a**e end have confirmed that the comments are more extreme in the Cc forum, because there are no 'prissy snowflakes' to be offended.

It is beginning to sound more like a BPC, (bigoted plumbers club).

Last edited:
Well given the 'content' of some of the posts in this topic it seems some of my suspicions have been confirmed (y)

Never forget that plumbers need somewhere to go and gossip about other members, plan their escapades, and let off abusive and offensive comments where there are no "prissy snowflakes" to be offended.

A**e end and gasbag have told us that there is gossip, and planning of 'what they will do to other posters'.
Now mitch and a**e end have confirmed that the comments are more extreme in the Cc forum, because there are no 'prissy snowflakes' to be offended.

It is beginning to sound more like a BPC, (bigoted plumbers club).

I have never once seen a conversation On CC about anyone in GC

Well given the 'content' of some of the posts in this topic it seems some of my suspicions have been confirmed (y)

Welcome home. I thought you had been knocked off by the DIY secret service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back