Off topic. Bring it here.

Just out of interest Notch, what do you think was responsible for climate change for the 4.5 billion years before the last 100 years or so? Do you think it's odd that the reason for all that climate change for millions of years has now stopped and now it's humans burning coal at fault? Don't get me wrong there is massive pollution and no doubt a contribution to climate issues from humans but seeing as it appears to be humankinds fault now what did cause it before??
The natural warming and cooling of the Earth is acknowledged and, as you say, has been going on since the year dot. The concern at the moment is that warming has increased at a rate not seen before. In other words, it's not so much the warming but the rate of warming.

Sponsored Links
I take it you couldn't come up with anything?
I didnt bother to try. You are beyond reason - it wouldnt have mattered what I found, you would have continued to deny man-made climate change.

The natural warming and cooling of the Earth is acknowledged and, as you say, has been going on since the year dot. The concern at the moment is that warming has increased at a rate not seen before. In other words, it's not so much the warming but the rate of warming.

Thankyou for a grown up sensible reply. That's what I guessed but when I ask questions the usual suspects just seem to want an argument.

Sponsored Links
the usual suspects just seem to want an argument.
That will be you, that will.

Given the amount of material that has been published for years, it is inconceivable that you havent encountered what jeds told you many times already.

Biggest bonfire in the UK, 17000 wooden pallets. How much pollution will it cause.
The bonfire builders say they are only following EU regulations that say all wooden pallets have to be heat treated.
LoL.
TUFZMTMyMDE3ODM2.jpg

Apparently the earth is 4.543 billion years old. It has had ice ages, hot ages, back and forth for millions and millions of years. Strangely, according to some, humans took over being cause of this about a 100 years ago or so.
I wonder what caused it before us chaps discovered a bit of coal, got the occasional BMW and became responsible for climate change??
Mitch it took over 2 million years of human prehistory and history for the world's population to reach 1 billion and only 200 years more to grow to 7 billion, does this not worry you with this coinciding with the unatural pattern the planet it steadily heating up? It's proven beyond doubt that the gases we are currently spewing out cannot be sustainable so they (climate scientist etc) the people that understand what is very likely happenig, are advising the government's OTW what needs doing. The era of fossil fuels is over Mitch, deal with it. (n)

The era of fossil fuels is over Mitch, deal with it. (n)
M-itch like all petrol heads are rueing the demise of piston driven cars. I find it a wee bit sad myself. But those hard core 'roid 'eds, with their peak caps facing backwards (never understood that one) are in total denial. Noisy, Halfords-ruined cars are the last great penis extension.

with their peak caps facing backwards
Years ago, I jokingly told one of our dustmen I had been looking everywhere for one of those caps that he was wearing with the peak at the back for my son. I said I could only find ones with peaks on the front. In all seriousness, he told me to buy one of the caps with the peak on the front and then…..turn it round. He even gave me a demonstration of how to do it!

M-itch like all petrol heads are rueing the demise of piston driven cars. I find it a wee bit sad myself. But those hard core 'roid 'eds, with their peak caps facing backwards (never understood that one) are in total denial. Noisy, Halfords-ruined cars are the last great penis extension.

I'm one of them, nothing wrong with hobbies, and to do tuning properly it takes a lot of skill and knowledge.

On the flip side I am understanding that we cannot continue with fossil fuel powered cars, and am hopeful that an alternative can be found.

Electric is not the way forward, in some ways it's just as damaging as fossil fuels. There is only a finite Amount of resources, and mining for it affects the landscape and nature and is extremely polluting on its own.

Unfortunately electric gives the government their quick fix they like as it means they don't have to invest or do a great deal of work.

I believe hydrogen is the way forward, and I'm also hopeful that synthetic fuels can be created that have almost zero emissions we will see in time.

I'm also hopeful we can still keep our gas boilers, and ovens, as my house is fully gas and I'll be knackered if they want to ban me from using them as I would have to do some major remodeling of the house which costs lots of money.

.But those hard core 'roid 'eds, with their peak caps facing backwards (never understood that one) are in total denial. Noisy, Halfords-ruined cars are the last great penis extension.
Not quite. It will still leave those who dress up in brightly coloured 'look at me' clothing and hats, strap a couple of planks on their feet and slide down hills with snow on them. :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Back