Off topic. Bring it here.

Sponsored Links
At work we have anti bribery legislation we have to adhere to.

Accepting gifts for influence was one such thing it mentions.

A gift to say thankyou is ok but should be below a certain monetary value.

The gifts mentioned above is clearly evident that they are offered to sway ones thoughts/decision.

Surprised there isn't such rules for MP's....

However it's not just Tories.

Though at least they had the decency to disclose such gifts...

At work we have anti bribery legislation we have to adhere to.

Accepting gifts for influence was one such thing it mentions.

A gift to say thankyou is ok but should be below a certain monetary value.

The gifts mentioned above is clearly evident that they are offered to sway ones thoughts/decision.

Surprised there isn't such rules for MP's....

However it's not just Tories.

Though at least they had the decency to disclose such gifts...

I don't get how they feel they can get away with it or explain why they see it as normal.

I don't get how they feel they can get away with it or explain why they see it as normal.

Beats me, thing is they see it as perfectly acceptable.

Politics should be all about serving the people, but in reality it's about moving yourself up the ladder and and taking as much as you can to line your own pockets.

Anyone seen a poor MP?

Sponsored Links

Politics should be all about serving the people, but in reality it's about moving yourself up the ladder and and taking as much as you can to line your own pockets.

Anyone seen a poor MP?

I think all people who become MPs do so for honest good reasons . And some stay that way....at least I hope.

I think problems start with older more experienced MPs befriend and help the younger ones settle in..... they become friends and in time they see what's going on..

Either they begin to think it's the norm or they think fúck it I'll have some of that.

Or they keep quite as that MP was so nice to them when they were new to the job.

MPs most probably think they are under paid but they take their big fat pensions for granted and don't see it for what it is..

Well-known tory sleazeball Jenrick, and his buddy Berry, both housing ministers, approved funding for each others constituences from the money intended to be given to the most deprived areas.

Will anybody be surprised to hear that their constituencies are not among the most deprived areas?

"The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government allocated the investment to Newark, along with 99 other towns, as part of its drive at “levelling up” deprived areas with £3.6bn in funds.

Newark is reportedly the 270th most deprived area in the country and thus not as poor as many other towns in the UK.

The call for an investigation follows a report in the Times that 32 towns on the list fell outside the 300 worst-off in England, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Jenrick, a former corporate lawyer and director at auction house Christie’s, and Jake Berry, his junior minister, were allegedly responsible for choosing 61 of the towns to receive funding. They also chose Darwen, a town in Berry’s constituency".

The funds experienced a curious gravitational pull towards Conservative areas.

"If you end up with a list of 45 areas where the funding is going in and 'by coincidence' 40 of them are where there is a Conservative MP, I think people would be saying, 'What's going on here? This looks fishy.'"

yes, this Jenrick

"In July 2020 Jenrick admitted, yes admitted, that he deliberately helped a Tory donor avoid paying a new tax on his housing development.

The housing secretary was criticised for approving Richard Desmond’s luxury housing scheme a day before a community infrastructure levy came in to force, potentially saving the magnate £45 million.

It came after Jenrick sat next to Desmond at a Tory fundraising event in November 2019 and exchanged text messages with the property tycoon."

this one

"At the start of the coronavirus pandemic Jenrick faced criticism for moving his family to a £1.1 million country manor, despite government advice urging people not to escape to second homes.

The cabinet minister has charged taxpayers more than £100,000 for the home that he appears to use only rarely.

He left his £2.5 million London house to move to a 17th-century grade I listed country house in Herefordshire.]

According to reports in The Times, neighbours say he is rarely at the Herefordshire property and builders are a “regular fixture” there."

ooops

"Despite being a man of financial means Jenrick was forced to pay back expenses earlier this year after it was found he claimed for both petrol costs and rail tickets for a return trip to his constituency in Newark.

The communities secretary was caught red handed by one of his constituents after they brought it to the attention of the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.

The trip in question was made on September 6th 2019 when Jenrick headed north to announce the government’s £3.6 billion towns fund.

He claimed £61.20 mileage for each of two car journeys of 136 miles, and a £159 return rail fare for the visit."

It shows what a caring country we are, bit it's not going to cure the problem.

Anyone seen a poor MP?

There was a labour MP forget his name now ( was in the 80s)

who only took a salary equal to a working blokes wages

the rest of his MP salary he donated to charity or some thing

they de selected him

cannot remember the blokes name :confused::confused:

There was a labour MP forget his name now ( was in the 80s)

who only took a salary equal to a working blokes wages

the rest of his MP salary he donated to charity or some thing

they de selected him

cannot remember the blokes name :confused::confused:

That's the sort of people we need in power, not these rich millionaires, from rich backgrounds who don't have a grip on reality

Sponsored Links
Back