What are you drinking tonight?

I'm an all or nothing person really, plus if I have a proper drink on Saturday it knackers my Sunday.

Everyone's different.

Sponsored Links
Hold the front page for the red wine discovery of the year.....
Jam Shed Shiraz, Australia, 13.5%
Don't confuse with:
Jam Shed Malbec, Argentina, 13% (although very acceptable in its own right and the bottle labels are almost identical)
Tesco et al, £7.
John :)

A glass or so of my home made wine with dinner, maybe followed later by some of my home brewed Scottish Export. I'm told my home made's are more than a match for the commercial stuff.

We've done a few kit homebrews, got this one to try next at some point.

Even 4 pints for me will put me in a mood day or two later, it's an odd thing and took a while to work out. Plus a poor/ no nights sleep two days later.

Attachments

• 20200912_081930.jpg
    20200912_081930.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
Even 4 pints for me will put me in a mood day or two later, it's an odd thing and took a while to work out. Plus a poor/ no nights sleep two days later.
It's an alcohol tolerance thing.
If you drink frequently, you develop a tolerance to alcohol.
Infrequent drinking, even small amounts and you suffer for it, when you do drink.
It's why alcoholics can appear totally sober even though their alcohol levels may be very high.
Even non-alcoholics who drink a lot, and frequently, can drink that much without the 'drunken' appearance.

I have one bottle of Spitfire each night when I sit down to relax.
If I can get my hands on it I would drink a bottle of Lancaster Bomber Ale instead.

It's an alcohol tolerance thing.
If you drink frequently, you develop a tolerance to alcohol.
Infrequent drinking, even small amounts and you suffer for it, when you do drink.
It's why alcoholics can appear totally sober even though their alcohol levels may be very high.
Even non-alcoholics who drink a lot, and frequently, can drink that much without the 'drunken' appearance.

I've been on both ends of it, could happily drink a 75cl bottle of Gin/ Brandy etc but does no good in the long term (for me anyway).

Hardest bit is refusing a drink, feels some how rude!.

Stella ain't what it used to be 4.5% now as opposed to the original 5.2% wife beater.

Sponsored Links
Back