What are you drinking tonight?

£4.50 at Tesco. Went well with my Welsh hill lamb cutlets, Rosemary parmentier potatoes and Mediterranean vegetables.

E6250257-C074-4FA4-B5A2-6399EDDE78C1.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I got 24 small cans of san miguel (330ml) for £15 in morrisons yesterday.
Turned out at the till that they displayed the wrong price but they honoured it.
Now opening the third can.
Result!

Sponsored Links
Joking apart though, we do have a bottle of this, for a special occasion.

champ_cri2008v1.jpg

I sometimes decorate the insides of our kitchen cupboards with the labels of wines we’ve had in the past. A lady that worked for me knew I liked red wine and gave me three bottles of this. Her husband had bought a crate of it for peanuts from one of his tea-leaf mates. They drank theirs mixed with lemonade! Nicked it from the Excel centre during a wine exhibition apparently. Wasn’t particularly nice - we had one with a Chinese takeaway. Look it up and see how much it costs!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Here, I’ll save you the bother. https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/...nello+montalcino+rsrv+docg+tuscany+italy/1997

DBFD0D47-4D9E-4C44-AB02-D33823264B3F.jpeg

I sometimes decorate the insides of our kitchen cupboards with the labels of wines we’ve had in the past. A lady that worked for me knew I liked red wine and gave me three bottles of this. Her husband had bought a crate of it for peanuts from one of his tea-leaf mates. They drank theirs mixed with lemonade! Nicked it from the Excel centre during a wine exhibition apparently. Wasn’t particularly nice - we had one with a Chinese takeaway. Look it up and see how much it costs!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Here, I’ll save you the bother. https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/...nello+montalcino+rsrv+docg+tuscany+italy/1997

View attachment 204635

Not a peeing contest but I've had > 2k a bottle wine. (I wasnt paying)

Not a peeing contest but I've had > 2k a bottle wine. (I wasnt paying)
What did it taste like? I tried to bring my last bottle up to room temperature on the kitchen radiator but left it a bit to long. It was like mulled wine. :LOL: I think these were around £275 a bottle when I got them but reading up, they should have been laid down for at least 10 years - I drank ours waaay too early.

Well heavy reds, Bordeaux (Claret) etc, have to be laid down for a considerable amount of time otherwise they're far too tannin rich.

Imagine keeping a special bottle for a decade or two, finally opening it & its corked!!

What did it taste like? I tried to bring my last bottle up to room temperature on the kitchen radiator but left it a bit to long. It was like mulled wine. :LOL: I think these were around £275 a bottle when I got them but reading up, they should have been laid down for at least 10 years - I drank ours waaay too early.

Haha, now here's the crime of the century. We were taken out by a large IT company after placing an order for 50k new workstations. The venue was Vinopolis, South Bank. We drank fine wine all afternoon, culminating with the über expensive ones, so honestly I couldn't tell you, could have been drain cleaner by then. Scandalous.

Back to reality...............I quite enjoy Aldi's Reinbacher lager. At £2.99 for 4 x 500ml cans it's a bargain. Ideal thing to take to a bbq on a warm summer evening. Switch to ale in the cooler months though.

Sponsored Links
Back