What are you drinking tonight?

The last bottle of my Christmas wine stock! Well, this and a bottle of white for Mrs M. It’s coming up to room temperature and breathing while my duck in orange and maple sauce is cooking. Might save a glass for my Sunday roast tomorrow. Might. :cautious:

A4736479-5195-4C64-8142-AD93BE11B9E0.jpeg

Sponsored Links
San Miguel 0.0, as I am having some time off, and it was the first thing I saw in the shop yesterday.

When I have more time, I'll do a bit more leisurely shopping for other zero / low alcohol offerings.

White wine for the ladies followed by another cheese platter. Nearly all my Christmas cheeses gone too. :( Our daughter always brings us a selection every Christmas from a cheese shop near her. That mouldy one, Valencay, is bloody gorgeous. Looks like I paired it with the right wine too!

1C160643-A2CB-49F1-8BCF-1F85AA805024.jpeg

239387CB-0C67-4C51-BAE1-B432CCF8D31C.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Organic Primitivo from Puglia.

Recommended by my Italian friend and very much to my taste.

"Primitivo" doesn't mean what you might think.

White wine for the ladies followed by another cheese platter. Nearly all my Christmas cheeses gone too. :( Our daughter always brings us a selection every Christmas from a cheese shop near her. That mouldy one, Valencay, is bloody gorgeous. Looks like I paired it with the right wine too!

View attachment 216931

View attachment 216930
That mouldy cheese be that new fangled afterbirth cheese oi reckon

Diet-Pepsi. My liver is hanging out me harris after xmas and New year so I'm having a rest from it.

Organic Primitivo from Puglia.

Recommended by my Italian friend and very much to my taste.

"Primitivo" doesn't mean what you might think.
My mate has a place in Sardinia and he recommends Casu Marzu cheese. No thanks - he's only tried it once!

Update:

San Miguel 0.0 - OK.
Doom Bar zero - OK.
Shipyard Low Tide - decent.

Brew Dog Nanny State - not good.
Adnam's Ghost Ship - tastes like there's washing up liquid in it.

And , while it doesn't have a strong taste, Heineken 0.0 has zero strange or unpleasant aftertastes either(y)

Finished off some Pinot Noir with our Sunday lunch. Been good this week - I bought just one bottle of red and one of white. The white is still unopened. Couldn’t get Sainsbury’s house Pinot so had to go for a branded bottle. Bouchard Ainé & Fils. £7.50 instead of £4.50. :(

Right now, I’m having a cup of tea and the Sunday night Maltesers. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back