What are you drinking tonight?

An Italian Verdicchio tonight with our Friday fish - salmon, new potatoes, veg and parsley sauce.

07DCA7BD-F817-43DE-9DE8-C26712AAFE6A.jpeg

Out of interest, what time do you lot have your dinner? We always have ours around 5.30 but our daughter takes the right **** out of us. I hate it when you go for a meal and don’t finish till well after 8.30 - I get terrible acid reflux flux flux flux! She often phones up at 4.00 and asks if she’s interrupting our dinner. Cheeky cow. :rolleyes: Sign of old age I suppose - we thought nothing of going out for an Indian or Chinese meal after the pubs turned out and still being able to have a bit of rumpy pumpy on a full belly but that was 40 years ago! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Avoid waking your other half when you come home drunk by, over the course of the night, individually wrapping up all the coins in your pocket, one by one, in toilet paper and securing with an elastic band. This will eliminate any noise when they inevitably fall from your pockets whilst getting into bed. You may also want to mark the denomination on each one with a black felt pen to save unwrapping them all again whilst looking for your taxi fare.

Sponsored Links
Out of interest, what time do you lot have your dinner? We always have ours around 5.30 but our daughter takes the right **** out of us. I hate it when you go for a meal and don’t finish till well after 8.30 - I get terrible acid reflux flux flux flux! She often phones up at 4.00 and asks if she’s interrupting our dinner. Cheeky cow. :rolleyes: Sign of old age I suppose - we thought nothing of going out for an Indian or Chinese meal after the pubs turned out and still being able to have a bit of rumpy pumpy on a full belly but that was 40 years ago! :LOL:
Have always had our main meal 8:30 til 9pm. when I worked I was never home till 7 or 8. Since retiring we have kept the same meal times - It just suits us, no one else seems to eat this late?

Tonights booze - Home Brew Preachers HeFe - a bavarian wheat beer - its like a cloudy larger - just love the stuff, I have always loved poring beer down my neck. probably be the death of me - lol

Out of interest, what time do you lot have your dinner?
Varies.

Too late, really, if truth be told, especially this time of year as daylight hours seem to be lengthening at a rapid rate, so the cues of evening dont come.

We always have ours around 5.30 but our daughter takes the right **** out of us. I hate it when you go for a meal and don’t finish till well after 8.30
Sitting down at 20:30 isnt unusual in the Captains Mess, although the CO moans about that. Ideally it would be about 19:30.

rumpy pumpy on a full belly
You were doing it wrong. :sneaky:

An Argentinian Malbec with tonight’s tea. A nice gammon joint with a sweet honey glaze, new potatoes, carrots, peas and piccalilli. Makes a change from a roast.

DE790492-7245-4695-84A5-06A61BC23FEE.jpeg

Got smashed last night on Rivertown Pale ale
We went to a 'gathering' last night and as it was one of Mrs Motties mates, she was the drinker and I was the driver. I had two Bud lights and then went on to tonic water. :(

We went to a 'gathering' last night and as it was one of Mrs Motties mates, she was the drinker and I was the driver. I had two Bud lights and then went on to tonic water. :(
My advice is to anyone who is not a drinker drinker is don't go out with a drinker.

I like a beer or 3. Any more and I'm píssed. My mate who's returned from Australia just kept saying shall we have another. I went out at 3 for a couple and took my 9 year old.
Come home at 10 with my Dulcie having to hold me..... I'm a bad parent

Usually have a bottle of Spitfire or Lancaster Bomber each night. Morrisons had to substitute 7 bottles of Lancaster last week, despite the order saying no substitutes, so I got 7 bottles of Doom Bar for free. Not bad actually.
As for dinner. We usually eat around 7.00pm to 7.30pm but if we are busy in the garden it can go unnoticed until we are hungry which may be as late as 9.00pm, though not very often that late.

Stella

Attachments

• 64328F3A-5E53-4695-8B5F-7B5895D994B1.jpeg
    64328F3A-5E53-4695-8B5F-7B5895D994B1.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
Back