What are you drinking tonight?

Not G&T. Had some Malbec.

Sainsburys in Chelmsford earlier today.

View attachment 242047
Sainsbury’s soft drinks aisle Hornchurch earlier this morning - not too bad.
B1A7BCD4-05CC-4FF9-9171-31757F7E60E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
what are people in Chelmsford doing then? Must be big party happening somewhere!

well, it was the tonic water than had run out - even the expensive stuff!

Sponsored Links
I went to Lidl yesterday and would you believe they had no fresh orange juice with bits at all - three varieties of orange without, several different fruits, but not a single bottle of orange with juicy bits. Disgusted!

Soda water with a splash of lime. Designated driver, again, at a wedding. :mad:

Finished off the Merlot we started last night and started on some regional Lisboa Vinho tonight. That’s the last of my six bottles for £19.99 offer from Naked Wines. 14% and 13.5% respectively. The dog's jealous. I might go again under a different name……

EFBA965B-817E-4E6F-A8B2-B4B1AC63B86C.jpeg

A Sauvignon Blanc with our Friday night fish stir-fry from near where I stayed when working in South Africa . 12.5% on Mrs Motties orderz. :(

4B37BCD5-CB39-4D59-B538-6C11AA8E1F56.jpeg

A Beaujolais tonight with my steak. Thick cut Rib Eye for me and a fillet for Mrs Mottie.

E53E3D0B-65D0-4289-9F2B-ABEEAE583169.jpeg

Great that you're selflessly doing your bit for the local economy. ;) There's no end of excuses for sloping off to the local for an hour or two of R&R.

Hope you're soon recovered, getting a fever in these times must be more than a little worrying.

Turned out that I had pneumonia and sepsis... The hospital stuck a tube in to drain the icky pus off. Then decided that although the bucket that I had to carry each time I went to the loo had 1.5L of goo in it, I needed to have surgery, and then a second drain.

I am in the pub at the moment after finally getting back to work after 5 weeks of no income but annoyingly limiting myself to no more than 2.5 pints. Ironically, the pain killer is opiate based and it/they mixed with alcohol leads to shallow breathing, which can result in pneumonia.

BTW, these days when you are in hospital you get a covid PCR test every day, and when they moved me from one hospital to the other I had another MRSA swab.

Once the pain wears off and I am oxycodone free, I am to get hammered... As things stand, that will probably only take about 5 pints though...

Oh well, it could have been worse. Thank god for the NHS and pain killers.

Sponsored Links
Back