What are you drinking tonight?

Tonight I had……….fizzy water with ice and lemon. Made a refreshing change. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Turned out that I had pneumonia and sepsis... The hospital stuck a tube in to drain the icky pus off. Then decided that although the bucket that I had to carry each time I went to the loo had 1.5L of goo in it, I needed to have surgery, and then a second drain.

Good to see you're on the mend. Can't keep a good man down!

Fleurie tonight.

0A963ED6-DFD2-41F6-BB4F-DF0D7DCB6E41.jpeg

Sponsored Links
It was not much different to the one I had at a Miller and Carter a few weeks ago, just cheaper.

Had to go into centre of Bristol on a very hot day, couple of months ago. Disappeared into a 'Spoons for emergency Thatchers Gold and glass of water to rehydrate. Both were really cold so revived me. It was lunchtime, they were quiet and there was a manager's special sign on bar for rump steak and chips - £5.99. As I was getting hungry, I ordered one as it was very good value. The steak wasn't too bad and was cooked how I ordered it. Obviously not the best steak I have ever had, but for the price it was good and excellent value. £2.45 for the pint of cider was a bargain too. Some places charge that for a half.

Had to go into centre of Bristol on a very hot day, couple of months ago. Disappeared into a 'Spoons for emergency Thatchers Gold and glass of water to rehydrate. Both were really cold so revived me. It was lunchtime, they were quiet and there was a manager's special sign on bar for rump steak and chips - £5.99. As I was getting hungry, I ordered one as it was very good value. The steak wasn't too bad and was cooked how I ordered it. Obviously not the best steak I have ever had, but for the price it was good and excellent value. £2.45 for the pint of cider was a bargain too. Some places charge that for a half.
Was it The Commercial rooms ? Been in there many a time, used to have breakfast in the greasy spoon in the Corn Exchange market opposite , not been to Bristol for a while now.

Was it The Commercial rooms ? Been in there many a time, used to have breakfast in the greasy spoon in the Corn Exchange market opposite , not been to Bristol for a while now.

Yes, the Commy Rooms. Only other 'Spoons reasonably central is Berkeley top of Park St, opposite the university. Don't like going into town, so usually take refuge in Commercial Rooms for cheap pint or two. Some great food places in St Nick's Market (Corn Exchange), lots of good places doing cheap curry, interesting food, pies - all locally produced. New place I really like is a little food window on the corridor leading in just down from where the Rummer used to be. Called Matina, they do chicken, lamb or veggie, grilled on charcoal then wrapped in a naan cooked in their own tandoor with all the salad/veg, spicy sauce and lashings of mint yogurt sauce. I'm addicted!

fameoib9dtlroojxhwb9.jpg

Fleurie again tonight with our ravioli.

84F3AF42-8C9F-48C2-9EBE-99C00BB6B472.jpeg

Although……..it’s been a favourite of Mrs Mottie for years but actually reading the label tonight it’s best served chilled! Whoda thunk?

1A85C7DB-7077-4886-9E11-159BDEC7592E.jpeg

I have just ordered a barley wine homebrew kit. Not brewed any for 30 odd years, but I remember it being quite potent - when I could remember it :)

Sponsored Links
Back