What are you drinking tonight?

Mottie is the Keith Floyd of DIYnot.

Keith Floyd lasted to 65.

"Floyd had a "Hix Fix" champagne cocktail with a cherry soaked in apple eau de vie, oysters with potted shrimp, partridge with bread sauce - he ordered grouse but was served partidge by mistake - and perry jelly for dessert. He drank a glass of £49-a-bottle Pouilly Vinzelles 2006 Burgundy and a two glasses of Nature Perrin and Fils Cotes de Rhone 2007 red.

But he turned down a last drink because he had visited his doctor earlier in the day, who had advised him to "slow down" and steer clear of booze"

Sponsored Links

"Floyd had a "Hix Fix" champagne cocktail with a cherry soaked in apple eau de vie, oysters with potted shrimp, partridge with bread sauce - he ordered grouse but was served partidge by mistake - and perry jelly for dessert. He drank a glass of £49-a-bottle Pouilly Vinzelles 2006 Burgundy and a two glasses of Nature Perrin and Fils Cotes de Rhone 2007 red.

But he turned down a last drink because he had visited his doctor earlier in the day, who had advised him to "slow down" and steer clear of booze"
Good on im , wifes cousin died at 59 never touched a drop, lived a wholesome life

I often wonder what those dissolute but brilliant stars of yesteryear would make of modern life with its "issues around" this and that. Who would have gone along with all the nonsense and who wouldn't?

A refreshing change tonight with our chicken roast. Fizzy water! 17p in Sainsbury's.

51EA3144-FAC0-4074-BFB4-A57977D9CC79.jpeg

Sponsored Links

Just one waffer thin mint.............

A very nice German Pinot Noir with my shoulder of lamb. German! I could almost forgive them for past atrocities. Almost.

6151C1F9-2F72-4717-B64C-872EA4F0478A.jpeg

Last edited:
We bought this yesterday at the local farmers market, It was 4.50€. The man who was selling it also made it.
We tried it tonight with some goats cheese, also from the market. It's very nice.
20211101_195740.jpg

We bought this yesterday at the local farmers market, It was 4.50€. The man who was selling it also made it.
We tried it tonight with some goats cheese, also from the market. It's very nice.
View attachment 249254

I have fond memories of a night time call out job I did on vehicle recovery when everyone else was Vbusy.

Quite possibly the sweetest old couple you could ever wish to meet, I gave him a rollicking for them both sitting in the car on the hard shoulder, yet in the 20mins journey to their home I began to seriously consider adopting them as grandparents . . . .

I have never worked for tips, after dropping them off he thrust 2x bottles of his home brewed beer on me & I distinctly remember thinking WTF?

It was the nicest beer I have ever had the pleasure of & it still upsets me that I never went back for more.

Drinking nothing tonight. Got sent to Tesco at 10.30 last night to get shampoo, bought of bottle of wine and drank it all. Then ate all the salami. Got to stop doing this!

Just back from 10 mile jog which will be recarbing byway of a homemade pizza and a bottle of Rioja reserva. Nobody expects the Spanish Vinquisition.

Just fizzy water tonight. :mad: I had my covid booster yesterday and Mrs Mottie has put an alcohol ban on me for a few days. No reason or science behind it, just what she thinks. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back