What are you drinking tonight?

Just enjoying a mug of hot Lidl, German mead, now I've got the hang of it - heated in a pan on the hob, to just before it begins to simmer, add a spoonful of honey, and squeeze an whole small orange into it.

Sponsored Links
Went out for a meal.

Pint of some American pale ale called Silver King or something: not the best.

Swapped to Moretti.

Back now, and a Staropramen while catching up on the footie.

Finished off a couple of bottles tonight with our Friday Salmon stir-fry that had recently been opened. Pacing myself, you see. ;)

IMG_0670.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Asahi.

IMG_0764.jpeg

Japanese beer to go with our Japanese fusion meal in this place.

It was nothing special - especially for a fiver a bottle. I remarked to Mrs Mottie that I couldn’t taste the difference between a bottle of this and a bottle of Italian beer. Then I looked on the label on the back. :cautious:

IMG_0765.jpeg

I'm in a pub with my girls on the Fulham Road opposite the ground today.

The fella serving (Brazilian pub) was just like the smooth talking good looking latin fella on Benidorm. He spoke just like him.

I said I want that beer (Beevertown) in that glass. Please

( I'm always polite)

Screenshot_20240121_225619_Chrome.jpg

He proceeds to pour me thst beer in an ordinary beer glass.
Screenshot_20240121_230707_Chrome.jpg

I want one of those glasses
Screenshot_20240121_225619_Chrome.jpg

"I'm pouring the bear in this glass" he said

Screenshot_20240121_230707_Chrome.jpg

¾ full I said come on girls get your Coates, and walked.

He obviously knew something I didn't. It's bloody hard getting a beer on woman's match day on a Sunday morning on The Fulham Broadway..

Last edited:
ok i am boring never ever been a slave to labels
i dont pay for advertising or opinions i dont get excited by hipe
iff its cheap and i like it its value for money :giggle:

Jura

Single malt.
I'm not a lover of whisky and don’t drink it much as I find it burns my throat. I dont think I’ve ever had a single malt whisky. Is there a noticeable difference between a single malt and a blended malt?

I'm not a lover of whisky and don’t drink it much as I find it burns my throat. I dont think I’ve ever had a single malt whisky. Is there a noticeable difference between a single malt and a blended malt?

I'm not a whisky connoisseur by any means.
I do, however, enjoy a glass every now and then.
I haven't bought any myself for years though.
My sons buy me the stuff, for birthdays and Christmas.
Usually, single malts.

Blends are cheaper, probably because they can be produced from cheaper ingredients - the blending can mask flavours and scents that would be suboptimal for a single malt. For a similar reason, they can be produced more quickly than a single.
Because the blended malts tend to be from a variety of distilleries, the uniqueness of any distillery (or its region) will be lost, to some extent.

Like I said, I'm not a connoisseur.
That said, even I can "get" the more obvious flavours and scents from different malts, at least sometimes.
Different ingredients, different waters, different barrels, different craftsmen and craftswomen.

Good distilleries take their craft very seriously, and take great pride in it. Hence, the subtlety in their single malts.
Which is lost, when mixed with those of others.

Sponsored Links
Back