What are you drinking tonight?

You can buy posh rapeseed oil, cold-pressed, that kind of thing, but I have given up using that & just use the veg oil (which, as you say, is rape).

Sponsored Links
Do people pay more for oil labelled rapeseed oil ? My cheap as chips Lidl vegetable states on the ingredients "100% rapeseed oil".
No idea. 'Crisp 'n' dry' is the only rape seed oil Sainsbury’s sell. £1.40 for 1litre. For that price I’d imagine it’s refined, as are most vegetable oils containing rape seed. Pretty sure aficionados of the oil pay a premium for the cold pressed stuff but we just use it for roasting. It doesn’t smoke so much at high temperatures compared with other oils.

Sponsored Links
This is good, but it's £2.78 a litre. Aldi. Lidl sell similar.

upload_2020-11-27_0-8-51.png

A Montepulciano with my beef stir-fry tonight. £4.50. I found it a light and fruity medium bodied wine with juicy plum and ripe red cherry flavours.

005D9046-5B59-4A20-A273-6226E16A4DE8.jpeg

Just sampled the Damson Gin put together in September this year as I'm filtering the liquid back into the bottle(s).

Went well with my breakfast Porridge!

Malbec from the Co-op with my roast lamb tonight. A bit pricey at £8 but very nice. I normally only buy it when it’s on a special with 25% off but we were out of red so it was a hasty and desperate grudge purchase!

8E2A8AFC-DF9B-43C8-870C-8A4B610F741B.jpeg

Coca Cola..... Don't Normally but Im into it at the moment

I used to prefer the full fat coca cola but, about ten years ago, found myself moving over to the dark side (Pepsi).
Now, Pepsi Max pizzes on them all, to my taste anyway.

Tonight though Matthew, I'll mostly be drinking....... Hobgoblin Gold. Again.(y)

Coca Cola..... Don't Normally but Im into it at the moment
One of the best drinks out there. 'The red ambulance' used to regularly come to my rescue having got alcohol flu. AKA 'the red doctor' and two or three paracetamol worked wonders. Ready for a Saturday afternoon sesh in no time.

(back in the day)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back