What are you drinking tonight?

We don’t normally drink on Thursdays but as I had to open a bottle to add a drop to my Bolognese sauce, I thought “**** it” and we had a glass of Malbec with our dinner. Don’t know where it came from - I think one of the kids must have brought it round.

6B072544-8728-436C-A4FA-3E0DB5DEA321.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Kestrel Super!

Went for a walk this afternoon and saw cans of Kestrel in a corner shop, I've not had this for years. My first memory of it is as a cheap substitute for Carlsberg Special Brew.

Spesh has been emasculated in recent years, with its strength and can size being reduced. Happy to report Kestrel is still full strength.

Sponsored Links
We don’t normally drink on Thursdays but as I had to open a bottle to add a drop to my Bolognese sauce
Or Tuesdays but as I needed 50ml of white wine for my chicken and pea risotto, I cracked open a bottle of Chardonnay and well, it’d be rude not to have a glass. Or two….

Very nice and a bit of a bargain. Normally £10, on offer at £8 but with 25% off when buying 6 or more from Sainsburys, a very reasonable £6.

CF4D1CA0-F1DB-4099-943B-27C82569BDE9.jpeg

Pinot Grigio tonight with our Friday fish. Came as part of a £12 Sainsbury's meal deal. £7 if you bought it on its own.

467B92AD-865A-4060-8046-F2D59F4A4282.jpeg

Another bottle of my current favourite red with our Sunday beef roast. 25% discount at the moment at Sainsbury’s when buying any six bottles or more. I've never been one for drinking wine on its own without food. I had a glass of this while I was cooking the roast and I have to say, it was equally as nice on its own as it was with food.

711B8BEE-302A-4B00-8117-D6BAB35B368B.jpeg

Tonight I had a Rosé with our Friday fish stir-fry. Niiiice.

IMG_0697.jpeg

Mind you, I made sure I got the OK from my chief wine tester. Apparently it had a 'good nose'.

IMG_0699.jpeg

My current fave red with my beef bourguignon tonight. Mrs mottie calls it my 'chicken wine'!

IMG_0801.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back